Monday, September 29, 2008

Austin City Limits

Why, why, why did no one tell me that I would be coughing and sneezing up dust for hours afterward? Wonderful time, lovely music but I could've used a warning about the black lung.

A few thoughts:

Being EMO at an outdoor festival in Austin doesn't really work. Well, it might make you more angry and bitter, therefore more EMO so maybe it does work. In related news, someone needs to buy the Kills a map and then point out to them that Austin is REALLY far South and then tell them that their paying fans don't really care to hear their histrionics about their shoes catching fire. News flash - you're a fucking rock star and get paid to play your overrated music; get over it! All that said, they did look pretty miserable and the sun was shining directly on them.

Middle-aged women depress me. I officially vow to go straight from my mid-thirties to a decrepit, unseemly, crotchedy bitch in my late eighties. Even the 24 oz Bud Light I was drinking couldn't erase the images of potato-bodied ladies jiggling their arms and swaying their asses to Blues Traveler. I wanted to break out the brain bleach. Please note that I am not saying that OVERWEIGHT middle-aged women depress me. I am not discriminating. They are all sad. It makes me even sadder to think about their kids getting high without them or their husbands at home watching golf, too bored and worn-out even to fantasize about making it with Diane Lane.

Jack White is UH-Mazing. That's all.

If you haven't seen Gnarls Barkley or CSS - do it. You'll thank me. Saw them at Stubbs on Friday and it was, like, totally the best thing ever, or whatever. It really was though. Cee-Lo's voice is unbelievable and Lovefoxxx from CSS definitely knows how to put on a good show.

For now, that is all...I'm very tired and I can't stop coughing up Zilker Park dust and weed smoke.

Oh - one last thing. A note to all you frat boys out there- rolling your weed in swisher sweets isn't gangsta...it's disgusting. Just smoke it straight like everyone else. It's like spraying glade on a piece of dog shit. Just a small request from a humble non-smoker. Thank you for your time.

No comments: