Friday, September 26, 2008

Presidential Pagent

So I think we should have a Presidential Pagent instead of all these debates and boring ads. I thiink the candidates should have to put up or shut up. You want to be president, fine, but you better be prepared to model swimwear and sing "You light up my life" or arrange furniture.

Ok, I know what you're thinking. That's ridiculous and socially irrelevant. So we'll update it a bit. What about a cage match? A competitive hunt? Oh wait, I've got it....let's just Oprah, Michael Phelps, Miley Cyrus, Tiger Woods, Jennifer Lopez, Sean Penn and the cast of Gossip Girl decide. Sorry sorry I forgot a religious figure....so just choose between the reanimated corpse of Jerry Fallwell or Mel Gibson...it doesn't matter either way.

It's sad that our current political system is so convoluted that letting a group of silly, overpaid celebrities pick our president gives me more hope than trusting that the American public will make the right decision come November. I mean, I hate guns and I love animals and I would gladly sacrifice a few pheasants to have this whole mess over with. I have more faith in the organization that made Chuck Liddell a star than I do in our electoral system. Unfortunately none of these options is viable because Sarah Palin clearly has the edge...think about it - she's already won pagents, she is an avid hunter and she could obviously kick Joe Biden's ass. That guy is about as threatening as a Clay Aiken eating a cupcake. So I guess I take it all back.

No comments: